The Summer House in Port Elgin, Ontaio, is a beautifully renovated, century farmhouse situated on leafy Elgin Street in the heart of one of Ontario's best beach towns. Stroll to nearby shops, restaurants, the library or movie theatre. For a day at the main beach, walk, bike or drive down Elgin Street (1km) to the sandy expanses and beautiful shallow waters of Lake Huron. A marina, public boat ramp, paddle board rentals and yoga are all there to be enjoyed.
Take in our spectacular sunsets, cycle or walk a variety of trails, or rent a kayak or canoe and spend the day on the idyllic Saugeen River. Jump on the trolley and travel from Port Elgin to nearby Southampton to explore the High Street and beach there.
Saugeen Shores is the perfect place to relax, recharge and reconnect with family and friends. For local attractions please visit the ATTRACTIONS page.
Check the AVAILABILITY page for Summer Availability & Rates and complete the Reservation Request on the same page to book.
Make The Summer House your next Home Away From Home summer destination.
- Renovated gourmet kitchen with gas stove, dishwasher, microwave and kitchen island with seating
- 4 bedrooms: 3 upstairs (2 Queens, 1 Double) 1 main floor bedroom (Queen)
- 2 full baths (main floor has shower, washer/dryer), upstairs (has both shower and soaker tub)
- Large, south facing, fenced backyard with deck and patio gets both full sun and shade from mature trees
- Enclosed front and back porches
- Living room with gas fireplace
- Den with flat screen TV (satellite)
- Separate dining room
- Original hardwood floors
- Natural gas forced air furnace with air conditioning
- Propane BBQ, patio set & fire pit
- 12ft ceilings and many character features complete this executive heritage home
- This vacation home has a Restricted Pet Policy
- Maximum occupancy: 8
- Parking: 3 vehicles
Bedding: Please bring your own beach & bath towels and bedding/linens and pillows - mattress covers provided.
Kitchen is fully equipped.
Have you stayed at The Summer House? Give them a rating.
Click on a star above to rate the property.